Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
ESRC seminar series on careers - indicative titles of the 6 seminars
TItles, venues and hosts for the 6 seminars
Cloud created by:
29 September 2010
Please note that the precise titles of the seminars and the order in which they are held may be subject to change:
- UK policy and practice: comparing and contrasting delivery models across the United Kingdom.
- Professional associations: exploring the ‘Balkanisation’ of careers guidance, the role of associations and their inter-relationships.
- Professional identity formation: careers work and workers across a range of public and private sectors.
- Stakeholder perspectives: how employers, trades unions and human resource management professional see the purpose and practice of careers support in work settings.
- Digital technologies: exploring emerging and potential uses to deliver enhanced careers practice.
- Learning from others: diversity and inequality - international perspectives.
These seminars will be hosted by:
- Professor Rachel Mulvey, University of East London (2nd December, 2010
- John Talbot, University of Glamorgan (31st March, 2011)
- Dr. Lucy Hearne, University of Limerick (9th June, 2011)
- Graham Allen and Janet Moffett, University of West of Scotland (Autumn, 2011)
- Dr. Rob Millar, University of Ulster (Spring, 2012)
- Dr. Phil Mignot, Nottingham Trent University (Summer, 2012 )