Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Strengths - SWOT
Cloud created by:
14 October 2010
- Easy to use
- Distinct and different from the [rest]
- Good mix of skilss on the team - both pedagogy and technical.
- Works well for aggregation of conferences.
- [Good mix / ] discussion space.
- Crossing community boundaries.
- Growing group of Cloudworks champions.
- Increasingly used by IET folk.
- Good brand and look and feel.
- Pretty robust
- Richard impressed with the site, picked up what the site was about quickly and concep of Clouds and Cloudscapes.
- Clear [?] site.
- Help and support and FAQs good.
- Stats and admin area good.
- Code base is pretty good, good foundation.
- Good integration with Twitter.
- Not many places to discuss L and T (learning and teaching).
- SocialLearn - Weller
- [?] into the OU - good brand.
- Can be agile and to [?] they as we are a small team and can take risks if need be.
- Many people find it easy to use.
- Definite presence in University and externally.
- Non-linear structure.
- Bit like a Wiki but not. Clear who owns what. Retain ownership of idea and content.
- Not a repository (editing, [permissions]), so use external services who can do it better.
- Fantastic material on it and lots of active people.
- Nice theme - looks nice.
- Clear understanding about what is difference to other sites.
- Produce open record of conference.