Weaknesses - SWOT
Cloud created by:
14 October 2010
- Sometimes its not always clear what the site is for - tension between discussion spaces and aggregation.
- Not really got a community on the site - how important is this? There are pockets.
- Open Source version still immature, lots to iron out, hasn't been tested much yet.
- Stats (statistics) are fairly static, haven't gone up for a while.
- Not sure at how well the site [copes] with lots of users.
- Not much with LD (Learning Design) side of things.
- Not addictive enough, not sticky enough.
- Have had conversations with lots of people but [rather?] happens.
- Need people to be leading use of the site.
- Some detractors, who didn't like Cloudworks.
- Duplicate of content.
- Navigate and find things, how does this scale with increased content?
- Issue with [level] of content over 3rd party content and embedded.
- Too tied to the OU - need to ensure it's not seen as too institutional.
- Not massively taken up across the OU.
- Not go the political backing at the OU.
- Reliant on small team.
- Handling support.
- Seen as a project, not core service [in the OU].
- Some people find it complicated.
- Can't upload any sort of file.
- Difficult to explain to people how to upload just because of the number of steps.
- Because of the responsive development approach some [? inconsistencies]. That is, follow/ favourite issue.
- Still haven't cracked post-event activity.
- Still complex to explain why different/ unique.
- Openness issue with regard to fostering communities.