Research Skills: Intellectual Insight
Intellectual Insight - skills required of excellent PhD or doctoral students
Cloud created by:
12 November 2010
An excellent researcher at doctoral or PhD level:
- Absorbs and appropriates ideas; is intellectually sharp.
- Creates ideas and opportunities by investigating/seeking information.
Looking ahead, a doctoral student can aim to become an excellent early-career researcher who:
- Recognises new trends quickly; is insightful; goes beyond the obvious.
- Develops own conceptual approach/understanding of intellectual position.
- Shows initiative, and works independently.
Note: These skills are identified in the UK Researcher Development Framework – where they appear as A3.2 Intellectual insight