Research Skills: Innovation
Innovation skills required of excellent PhD or doctoral students
Cloud created by:
12 November 2010
An excellent researcher at doctoral or PhD level:
- Understands the role of innovation and creativity in research.
- May engage in inter-disciplinary research.
Looking ahead, a doctoral student can aim to become an excellent early-career researcher who:
- Exercises critical judgement and thinking to create new and/or imaginative ways of understanding.
- Develops new ways of working on a topic and has unusual ideas.
- Identifies which ideas are likely to be successful.
Note: These skills are identified in the UK Researcher Development Framework – where they appear as A3.3 Innovation