Research Skills: Work-Life Balance
Work-Life Balance skills required of excellent PhD or doctoral students
Cloud created by:
12 November 2010
- Is developing an awareness of work-life balance issues.
- Uses support and advisory resources when necessary to avoid undue pressure and to enhance personal well-being.
- Alert to needs of others.
Looking ahead, a doctoral student can aim to become an excellent early-career researcher who:
- Maintains an acceptable work-life balance and manages pressure.
- Notices and helps manage the pressure on colleagues and less experienced researchers.
Note: These skills are identified in the UK Researcher Development Framework – where they appear as B2.5 Self-management: work-life balance