Research Skills: Infrastructure and Resources
Infrastructure and Resources skills required of excellent PhD or doctoral students
Cloud created by:
12 November 2010
An excellent researcher at doctoral or PhD level:
- Makes best use of available resources.
- Knows immediate academic system/work environment.
Looking ahead, a doctoral student can aim to become an excellent early-career researcher who:
- Makes creative use of available resources; cultivates useful connections.
- Is aware of local reporting mechanisms and house styles, and of procurement law and best practice.
- Recognises corporate culture and what is acceptable within it; acknowledges the impact of own role within it.
Note: These skills are identified in the UK Researcher Development Framework – where they appear as C3.3 Finance, Funding and Resources: Infrastructure and Resources