Research Skills: Collegiality
Collegiality skills required of excellent PhD or doctoral students
Cloud created by:
12 November 2010
An excellent researcher at doctoral or PhD level:
- Shows consideration to others.
- Listens, gives and receives feedback and responds perceptively to others.
Looking ahead, a doctoral student can aim to become an excellent early-career researcher who:
- Is approachable, demonstrates interpersonal sensitivity.
- Ensures everyone has a shared understanding.
- Gives and receives constructive criticism.
Note: These skills are identified in the UK Researcher Development Framework – where they appear as D1.1 Working with Others: Collegiality