Research Skills: Publication
Publication skills required of excellent PhD or doctoral students
Cloud created by:
12 November 2010
An excellent researcher at doctoral or PhD level:
- Understands the processes of publication and academic exploitation of research results.
- Produces some publishable material in print, electronic or other format.
- Is developing awareness of the range and diversity of outlets for publications.
- Uses visual aids effectively in presentations.
Looking ahead, a doctoral student can aim to become an excellent early-career researcher who:
- Understands how research is evaluated and published in print, electronic or other format.
- Produces publishable material of high standard; may co-author/collaborate with others.
- Disseminates in a range of research, professional and public outlets.
Note: These skills are identified in the UK Researcher Development Framework – where they appear as D2.3 Communication and Dissemination: Publication