Research Skills: Society and Culture
Society and Culture - skills required of excellent PhD or doctoral students
Cloud created by:
12 November 2010
An excellent researcher at doctoral or PhD level:
- Develops awareness of the impact of research on wider society and of the impact of society, the environment and culture on research.
- Understands concept of corporate social responsibility.
Looking ahead, a doctoral student can aim to become an excellent early-career researcher who:
- Recognises, understands and appreciates the potential impact of research on society, the environment and culture.
- Engages in dialogue with the community and/or relevant stakeholders.
- Has deeper understanding of corporate social responsibility and acknowledges the impact of own role within it.
- Is politically aware.
Note: These skills are identified in the UK Researcher Development Framework – where they appear as D3.5 Engagement and Impact: Society and Culture