Cloud created by:
25 January 2011
This tool from Microsoft allows you to create slideshows with a difference using your digital photos and images. With a single click, you can touch-up, crop, or rotate pictures. Add special effects, soundtracks, and your own voice narration to your photo stories. Then, personalize them with titles and captions.
Small file sizes make it easy to send your photo stories in an e-mail or post on Blackboard. They can also be watched on a TV, a computer, or a Windows Mobile–based portable device.
Sample videos: (on Blackboard: IOE Blended Learning Forum organisation)
- G Taggart (for Policy and Legislation module): toynbee and walker.wmv
- N Langton ( advertising this training session - see embed below): alternative presentation tools.wmv
- have a good outline of your story line (storyboard) and a list of images you are to use
- make sure you use your own or copyright cleared resources
- add the images slide by slide first then add text if needed
- then add recording to each slide as needed ( easy to set up and redo if needed)
- check sound quality as may need to adjust microphone etc
- take time to chose transitions and check recording length of slides match time set to display slides
- add music etc at the end
- publish in web or email format etc for reuse.