Using LAMS for collaborative learning
T.Yamazumi et al. paper at LAMS 2008, Sydney
Cloud created by:
5 December 2008
Nagoya Bunri Univerisity is first LAMS user for education in Japan
- Use of LAMS to design and deliver a colllaborative learning activity.
- 10 students over three weeks.
- The course was a basic seminar course for computer/information ethics study
- LAMS was used to research and disucss on computer crimes.
- 3 sequences 1. file sharing software (Winny), 2. electronic bulletin board, 3. hazardous sites
- All students worked together on each actiivity at the same time.
- Learning process: web search, exchange info, exchange opinions
- Gates were allocated after every activity and the teacher controled the sequence flow.
- 90% of students were positive about using LAMS in terms of its usability, interest
- and comprehension.
- In future they may allow students to go freely to the next step
- The teacher intervened in the discussion with the students