Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Session 1: Tools and Resources (Mike Sharples)
Cloud created by:
2 October 2011
Chair: Mike Sharples
Rapporteurs: Marta López, Begoña Gros
This cloud is a nexus for the "Tools and Resources" session at ASLD 2011. It includes the papers accepted for that session, and notes of the discussion around them.
- Davinia Hernández-Leo, Pablo Abenia, Pau Moreno, Jonathan Chacón and Josep Blat: Let’s shake on it: can we support co-edition and sharing using diverse existing learning design editors within the same platform?
- Ana Maia, Teresa Pessoa, Leonel Morgado and Paulo Martins: Specification of pedagogical processes and dynamics in e-learning through modeling languages
- Helen Walmsley: The e-Design Template: a pedagogic guide for elearning designers
- Thomas Ryberg, Lillian Buus, Marianne Georgsen, Tom Nyvang and Jacob Davidsen: Introducing the Collaborative E-learning Design method (CoED)
Themes and issues which emerged from the discussion
- How to support teachers in enhancing their practice?
We considered the gap between classroom practice and expertise needed to use LD tools, and the ddifficulty of capturing the complexity of classroom practices in LD. We noted that this is reminiscent of discussions on expert system in the 1980s - capturing requirements, eliciting tacit knowledge, understanding contextualised practice, representing situated practice in a form that adequately represents the complexity.
- Integration - of LD tools, and of tools and approaches, and of tools and practice.
- Narrowing the gap: Abstracted theory <-> theory-informed dynamic representations <-> contextual practice. What should be the intermediate representations? Design patterns?
- Enabling creativity - how to capture and share creativity, in the design and in the teaching practice