Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Day 1, Monday Nov. 14
Agenda of Day1
Cloud created by:
2 November 2011
Day 1: Monday, November 14 (Current projects and context)
10:00-10:30: Session 11: Introduction to workshop and participants. Overview of the research projects (Yannis Dimitriadis)
10:30-11:45: Session 12: Invited talk 1 (Dai Griffiths)
- Title: “The Whys and Wherefores of Wookie Widgets”.
- Abstract: The Wookie widget server was developed to resolve a problem with the delivery of services in IMS LD Units of Learning. However, the technology has proved to be valuable in a range of different contexts. The Wookie server can be seen from four perspectives, as a learning design intervention an interoperability tool a support for teacher's orchestration of the classroom an articulation of institutional / personal technology
- The contributions which the iTEC and Omelette projects make to these themes is described. http://www.slideshare.net/DaiGriffiths/the-whys-and-wherefores-of-wookie
11:45-12:00: Coffee break
12:00-13:30: Session 13: Sofocles presentation and discussion (Coordinators: Iván M. Jorrín and Yannis Dimitriadis)
- General introduction to SOFOCLES project by Yannis Dimitriadis and Iván M. Jorrín (10´)
- Brief description of Work-Packages by WP leaders (40´): Each leader will use a common structure for their presentation, focussing on the goals of the WP, main achievements, and a set of issues/tensions emerged from the WP to be discussed in the final part of the session.
- WP2: Best practices and technological support for educational design. Juan Ignacio Asensio (10´)
- WP3: Service based platform to support the enactment of CSCL situations. Eduardo Gómez (10´)
- WP4: Design and technological support for educational evaluation. Alejandra Mártínez (10´)
- WP5: Validation. Iván M. Jorrín (10´)
- Discussion of tensions and possible solutions (40´): This part of the session is intended to be collaborative. The audience will be split into small groups of 4-5 participants in order to generate a brief concept map (using text2mindmap <http://www.text2mindmap.com/>) regarding possible solutions/ideas for the issues/tensions of each work-package. The end of the session will be devoted to the sharing of the created concepts maps.
15:00-16:15: Session 14: Invited talk 2 (Sergio Gutierrez)
- Title: "Freedom vs Control: Effective Learning in Open Exploratory Environments"
- Abstract: "Exploratory Learning Environments have the potential to have a huge positive effect in the learning experience. In this talk I will talk about the benefits of exploratory learning, its risks, and how to avoid them through the use of intelligent support. I will look at all this from three different points of view: from the point of view of individual students, from the point of view of teachers, and from the point of view of groups of students. The second half of this slot will be dedicated to open discussion with the participants.
16:15-16:30: Coffee break
16:30-18:45: Session 15: Learn3 presentation and discussion (Coordinators: Carlos Delgado and Josep Blat)
- Six short presentations (15 min. each) by Carlos Delgado Kloos, Davinia Hernández-Leo, Carmen F. Panadero, Mar Pérez Sanagustín, José Jesús García Rueda, Patricia Santos (in this order)
- Workshop participants will be invited to use twitter during the session. Some tweets may be focused on how some of the presented research can inspire the EEE work.
- Short questions after each presentation (5 min. max.) and 25 min. at the end for a global discussion. The coordinators may propose two rapporteurs at the beginning of the session. The rapporteurs will have to read all the tweets shared during the session and prepare an introduction to the global discussion based on the topics tweeted with “more emphasis”.
18:45-20:00: Session 16: Kick-off organizing session of project EEE
- (Participants: representatives of each research group, while the rest have social activities)
21:00-23:00: Dinner (city center)