Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Exploiting mobile technologies in learning (Part Two): The role of classroom practice in improving opportunities for at-risk learners
Cloud created by:
6 January 2012
Wednesday 11th January 1530-1800
This workshop will aim to introduce practical approaches and solutions to teaching and learning with mobile technologies. The focus of the three central case studies under discussion will be to make suggestion for Achievement for All practitioners who are supporting at-risk learners:
- teaching approaches, systematic change management issues
- benefits and challenges of bringing tablets (such as iPads) into schools
- learner-generated videos and community platform specific solutions for at-risk learners.
The short presentations will be followed by open discussions where participants are invited to provide their own experience and to raise questions which will be discussed with other on-site and on-line participants.
Invited experts who will introduce the themes are: Judith Seipold, MirandaNet Fellow (London Mobile Learning Group), Klaus Rummler (University of Bremen) and Luise Ludwig (Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz).
Bett12 common slides — Presentation Transcript
- Exploiting mobile technologies in learning (II): The role of classroom practice in improving opportunities for at-risk learners 11 January 2012 15.30-18.00 Gallery Room 1, Grand Hall Galler
- Judith Seipold, London Mobile Learning Group (LMLG).
Klaus Rummler, University of Bremen/ London Mobile Learning Group (LMLG).
Luise Ludwig, University of Mainz
- Agenda Judith: General overview and strategic issues Teaching approaches, systematic change management issues
- Agenda Luise: Classroom practice Benefits and challenges of bringing iPads into school
- Agenda Klaus: Learning with user-generated media Learner-generated videos and community platform specific solutions for at-risk learners
- Agenda Audience (YOU !):
Collaborative knowledge building in workshops
- Produce #UGC / #LGM with #BYOT
- Use iPads for learning
- Design your own m-learning project
- Go on-line
Wifi SSID = BETT Official Wifi
Username = BETT
Password = Bett2012
- Participate on-line
Collaborative concept map http://www.mirandanet.ac.uk/researchexchange/events/mirandanet-bett12-programme-11th-14th-january-london/exploiting-mobile-technologies-in-learning/
Cloudworks space http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/6059
Judith Seipold @judithsei
Klaus Rummler @klausr
Luise Ludwig @luise_ludwig
London Mobile Learning Group (LMLG) www.londonmobilelearning.net
19:23 on 9 January 2012 (Edited 19:26 on 9 January 2012)