Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Participating online in the 'Learn About' Fair
Cloud created by:
9 January 2012
For more information about the 2012 fair, see http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloudscape/view/2358
PARTICIPATING IN THE FAIR
What you will need:
- A PC/laptop which is connected to the internet
- A pair of headphones with a microphone plugged into the PC/laptop
How to join the presentations:
The URL for the live streamed presentations will be posted here during February. You can ask questions via firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter using the hashtag #learnaboutatou
How to join in the Elluminate session:
- Go to the Learn About Fair room http://learn.open.ac.uk/site/iet-laf
- Join the meeting
- Your computer will install Elluminate if it hasn't already got it installed and should load up the Learn About Fair session in Elluminate
- Once you are in the Elluminate session, check that you have the audio set up correctly - use Tools, Audio, Audio setup wizard and run through the instructions
- If you haven't used Elluminate before, please spend a little time getting familiar with where things are on screen (you may want to enter the session before the main event begins, just to look around). You may also find the Introduction to Elluminate screencast (available via the Technology Enhanced Learning Catalogue) will help you become familiar with Elluminate.
- On TutorHome there is some guidance on using Elluminate: see 'Working Online' - 'Virtual learning environment tools' - 'Elluminate'
- If you have difficulty getting into the pilot online Learn About Fair please contact Computing Support helpdesk +44 (0)1908 653972
- When you get into the live event during the fair, you will find an introduction presentation in the main room, with various topic breakout rooms where you visit different presenters who can answer your questions. We'll be allowing only 2 people to use the microphone at any one time, but the text chat facility will be working all the time for everyone, so you may find this is your best way to ask a question. You will need to raise your hand if you want to use the microphone so a moderator can give you the microphone.
- You will be able to move yourself to any of the breakout rooms by dragging your own name onto the breakout room. If you want to leave a breakout room and go back to the main room, you drag your name into the space below the list of rooms.
- You will also be able to look through any slides which are up on the whiteboard at your own pace.
- We won't be using the video camera feature.
- Online training for Moderator and Participant http://www.elluminate.com/Services/Training/?id=70/