Finding Your Story
Led by Dorothy Faulkner and Verina Waights
Cloud created by:
23 May 2012
Have you just started writing up your thesis? Are you:
- Struggling to understand that a thesis is a claim or defense – not just a collection of work you have done or a way of proving existing beliefs.
- Finding it a challenge to articulate a position on ‘the literature’ or locate the work you are doing within it
- Grappling with developing a theory or a model which allows your findings to be used, or applied to other cases
In this interactive session they will explore and share techniques that can help you address some of these challenges.
Dr Dorothy Faulkner and Dr Verina Waights are senior lecturers and experienced PhD Supervisors at the OU and have supervised many students over the years.
- Books and websites offering advice and support on the writing process
- Criteria for the Award of the Degree
- PGR Tips on making the most of feedback
- Reading the drafts
- The Nature of a Original Contribution
- The Nature of a Significant Contribution
- The Quality of the Dissertation
16:23 on 26 June 2012 (Edited 16:24 on 26 June 2012)