Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
We're now at the end of the Track OER project, so this is a suitable point to consider the impact of the project and any next steps.
- Google Analytics (and Piwik-based) license-trackers for the Bridge to Success downloadable archives/ Zips have undergone technical testing, and have been approved. They will be deployed to the production OpenLearn-Labspace environment in mid-November.
- The license-trackers for B2S archives incorporate GA campaign tracking.
- We have contributed fixes to the original CaPReT code base.
- There is a demo bookmarklte service to add license-trackers to content available through OER Commons.
- And all code is on Github, and available under a GPL-compatible open source license.
On this basis the project has achieved what it set out to achieve - demonstrating practical analytics-solutions for OERs.
Apart from the deployments mentioned above, these are the next steps:
- Use the current command line PHP batch processor (part of Track OER) as the specification for production-ready XSLT templates. This is the route to add license-tracking to OpenLearn and OpenLearn-LabSpace at scale.
- "Tracking evidence" - find ways to integrate the Google Analytics data in (Google) maps in the OLNet Evidence Hub.
- Document recipes to create and export analytics reports.
- Explore an "Embed Me" / "Embed 'n' Track" button for OpenLearn (and OER Commons).
- Show Creative Commons the project outputs.
- Other dissemination activity.