Tony Ackroyd Learning Journal
Cloud created by:
10 January 2013
Reflections on what I'm learning
What have I learnt about Learning Design?
- A way of communicating the organisation of a session or course
- Not sure if technology is essential
- It is pedagogy agonistic
- A lot is up in the air
Felt I’ve learnt more about myself than about learning design.
- I need structure (and so I think do my students)
- Reminded me how scary it can be starting a new subject
- Too many new ideas (could argue that perhaps they shouldn’t be new) for my brain to process and make a model out of.
- This is the first time I’ve done an online course, and I feel disconnected (it’s the lonely in a crowd scenario)
- Need to chat about ideas in real time, not on a forum, which is far too exposed and asynchronous.
- Too many technologies to learn make it hard to think
17:42 on 20 January 2013 (Edited 18:05 on 20 January 2013)
more acronyms EOR ZPD ZPA ZAA
need to find how context works alongside diversity
Seems useful but a lot of work to find out EOR, how fixed is it?
how about getting each student to examine their own EOR during induction each year?
17:45 on 20 January 2013 (Edited 19:33 on 20 January 2013)