Anne Whaits' OLDSMOOC Journal
Cloud created by:
10 January 2013
This journal will reflect my journey through the #oldsmooc learning experience.
Thursday 10 January 2013: My #oldsmooc journey has begun
I really was excited to embark on this journey today but only managed to set off after 7pm this evening. It has taken me the best part of 5 hours to read through all, introduce myself and get set up.
What did I feel, think and experience on this my first day of my first MOOC experience?
- Initially a little overwhelmed with the information abundance and many platforms as I tried to find my way around but am feeling a lot more "prepared" now to take the next step.
- The Week 1 course page was well structured and clearly mapped out the learning plan and activitities that have been designed for us.
- The introductory video by Yishay Mor certainly brought a human presence into the first day's initiation.
- I enjoyed the open discussion in Google groups and was interested in getting a sense of what others were thinking, feeling and hoping for from this MOOC. Nice to see Simon and Peter's 'presence" in there with questions and responses.
- The Introductions served to remind me that I am not alone in this and I was excited to see the global network of participants growing as the introductions streamed in. I really look forward to engaging with others and learning with and from them.
- #oldsmooc Twitter stream moved a little more slowly but it was reassuring to see that the affordances of the many platforms being used.
- A social collaborative learning experience has begun :)
- To construct a definition of learning design that deepens my understanding of the concept.
- To contribute to the social learning environment so that my connections with others are strengthened for the journey ahead.
- To keep a daily reflective log of my mooc experience.
- To initiate my own learning design project that will have immediate relevance for IIE/VC
- To achieve my first badge :)
00:42 on 11 January 2013