Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Geetanjali Soni: Learning design proposal Professional/Faculty development
Cloud created by:
12 January 2013
I am currently working on state grant aimed at improving K-12 education in our state. In my position, I work with a team of content area experts and Instructional design professionals to create online professional development for teachers. We are currently working with the challenge of providing professional development to teachers across a whole state with very limited human resources.
- The audience is large and very varied. There are techno and content novices as well as experienced users
- Teachers are very busy and do not have the time to deal with a steep learning curve
- Motivation can be a barrier
- Making the learning environment relevant to a diverse population is a challenge
- Building peer collaboration and networking is important
The change you would like to see (challenge)
Currently we are providing un-facilitated modules that teachers can take individually or in PLCs. The PLCs are supported mainly through a blended learning environment.... though we have recently provided suggestions for other options.
Alternatively we offer a few facilitated course, one instructor and 30 or so students. This is not scalable as we are attempting to reach a target of 100000 teachers
What would be wonderful would be a way to support larger cohorts of learners
How you might go about bringing that change
A modified MOOc. Less open and less massive than most. Technologies would have to be simple (or easily adopted)
I would be interested in any content relevant to the K-12 teacher
- Teaching online
- Using technology in the classroom
- Teaching diverse students ect.