Week 1- INITIATE
Cloud created by:
13 January 2013
LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR WEEK 1:
- Define the concept of Learning Design
- Understand how Cloudworks platform works
- Introduce myself and meet people with similar interests
- Join a Learning Project
SUMMERY Week 1:
- INTRODUCTION: I watched Yishay Mor’s presentation and read Larnaca Declaration 2012. I’m trying to understand the concept of Learning Design, which is new topic for me, I had heard about it but were more focused on Instructional Design, so. I’m still confuse about the difference between LD and ID, but I’m sure by the time I finished this MOOC, it will be all clear.
- CLOUDWORKS: I find this platform not easy to deal with, I’m used to traditional LMS, so sometimes I get lost, not sure how to get to the right place, or set up clouds correctly.
- SET UP YOUR PERSONAL PLACE. As I said before, I’m still learning about Cloudworks functions, but I was able to set my profile. I also updated my G+ Profile and follow OLDS MOOC news there.
- TEAM UP: although I don’t have a project by the moment, I searched DreamBazaar and joined Sherly William’s project “Will this help me learn” . I find it very interesting, it is about how HE students can enhance their search by evaluating right online resources.
- STUDY CIRCLE: I joined OLDS MOOC Open study Group set up by Chris Basson
I wasn’t able to watch Week 1 Converge Hangout, with a full time job, I find difficult to have not enough time for reading and participating in everything. Some days I feel overwhelmed by daily activities, but reading other’s opinions; feel I’m not the only one in this situation.. I’m very enthusiastic and looking forward to continue learning in this experience.