Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Cloud created by:
15 January 2009
Project about using ARGs within language education led by Professor Thomas M Connolly.
From the project info:
The project has created a number of resources that are available online, these include:
- A re-usable game platform (on a Moodle platform) that includes multiple languages http://ictthatworks.net:8080/moodle/ - you can view inside the platform by sending an email to me. Please place in the subject line of the email – TofB platform
- A project website with additional information http://www.arg-education.eu . On the website are papers to download including:
- A methodology to make and use Alternate Reality Games in education
- A set of case studies of other ARGs and serious games with empirical evidence of results
- A set of use case scenarios that show examples of how ARGs could be used for other subjects or cross-subjects
- An online teacher training course to enable educators to use the ARG the project produced
- Summaries of papers on the pedagogy, evaluation and the technology employed. (full papers are available in the conference proceedings of the 3rd European Conference on Games Based Learning http://academic-conferences.org/ecgbl/ecgbl2009/ecgbl09-proceedings.htm )
13:52 on 4 November 2009 (Edited 16:05 on 5 November 2009)