Penny Bentley: My Dream:To design fun, active, interactive webinars for teaching and learning in virtual classrooms.
Cloud created by:
16 January 2013
I love teaching and learning online, from my experience one of the best ways to do this is in a virtual classroom. But, there's the good and the bad.
In 2013 I'll continue with 2 learning situations which rely on the virtual classroom platform Blackboard Collaborate...
- Maths tutoring for students in a small, rural community as part of a Community ICT Project
- Volunteer moderator/facilitator for the Australia e-Series of weekly webinars
- from passive to active participation
- more visuals, less text
- from one to two way communication
- better use of web tours and application sharing
- a resource bank of ideas, tools and templates
- the possibility of mobile webinars
- sharing experiences with other participants who deliver webinars
- surveying learners to identify prefererences for online learning
- trialing my ideas with learners in my virtual classroom
- inviting feedback
- networking with the experts
- use active learning in real time...for example, if the learning topic is using Twitter I would application share Twitter, ask participants to sign up then take them through the process in real time.
- Daniel Staemmler: Design a webinar on how to design an engaging webinar http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/7197
- Paige Cuffe: Design template/tools for Elluminate/Blackboard and similar environments http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/7235