Scenario: Collaborative working in virtual worlds (rebooted)
Cloud created by:
17 January 2013
Deleted and restarted (see comments)
I am now working on a much simplified scenario that will see the group involved in:
- Pre-session video
- Introductory briefing
- Registration, log-in and basic use
- Competition (C1): avatar flight time trial (practice of flight skills/illustration of programmability and connectedness/fun); another possibility or adjunct to the time trial would be demonstration of competition in the commercial sense.
- Cooperation (C2): constructing a guide to interesting worlds on the Kitely grid (students visit locations, take photos, landmarks, and deploy in teleport boards at their base); the groups might be allocated destinations that relate to one of the 4C themes this could illustrate the basis of a commercial "hunt", i.e. trail around inworld shops incentivised by free/trial content
- Collaboration (C3): creating a path between locations in the world using waymarkers, plants, etc; the path could be augmented with teleport boards and objects collected in the previous activity.
- Co-creation (C4): Teacher presents inworld on IOT/Pervasive/Ubiquitous/etc to demo affordances and facilitate backchannel (as possible act of co-creation); formerly presenting inworld on a science-related project of the students choice but with the focus on real world impact (outreach, etc)
- Evaluation of session in terms of the 4Cs and reflection on future role of virtual worlds
...other stuff probably too involved
I appreciate that this is not in scenario format yet. I will try to do a brief EoR analysis as well.
Exploitation of the desert setting is another possibility that might underpin the final part (solar power farms http://www.desertec.org/concept/, etc). The notion of generating virtual power to keep other parts of the build functioning is a nice concept but too complex for the time available.
The Internet of Things/Pervasive Computing angle might be illustrated as a conceptual overlay. For example, the world can be scripted to sense avatar presence (that's how the flight time trial tracks avatars). Teleport boards could show locations of interest based on the avatar profile, etc.