Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Iwona's #oldsmooc_w2 reflections
Cloud created by:
20 January 2013
Still no project in mind. But, I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. It seems that my thread on google+ might morph itself into a vibrant study group. Great start to Week 2!
So, it’s Saturday. I haven’t yet had a chance to begin reading the Week 2 resources. But, something has triggered my attention: a tweet, a question…
My reply is: my #oldsmooc is what I make of it by setting my personal goals & taking charge of my learning.
And here is how I see the learner context of the course:
- Like structured learning? Follow the suggested structure.
- Dislike structured learning? Make your own study plan, or don’t plan at all.
- Unsure if you are up to following 9 weeks of the course? Choose which topic (week) interests you and dive right in.
- Tight on time? Follow #oldsmooc Twitter. Lots to learn from participants’ tweets.
- Looking to learn but not engage in discussions? Lurk.
I do believe that every learner can successfully take away something from the course; they just need to identify for themselves what it is they want from it.
01:17 on 20 January 2013 (Edited 01:21 on 20 January 2013)
Week 2 was very interesting for me and filled me with elation on a number of occasions, about which I will write later. I am planning to collect a few more of those happy OLDS-MOOC moments and then elaborate on them.
Here’s what I did in Week 2:
- Came up with a dream project and put it in context by considering both the learner and the learning provider as key stakeholders
- Devised a persona, which was an eye-opening activity for processing ideas from the learner’s perspective
- Participated in the convergence session
- Tweeted regularly
- Located a project that is practically identical as mine and sent a collaboration request
I hope Twitter will be included in the badge achievement considerations:)
02:34 on 27 January 2013