Teacher-led Inquiry and Learning Design: The Grand Challenge(s)
Developing a Grand Challenge from an Alpine Rendezvous workshop
Cloud created by:
29 January 2013
Grand Challenges are:
- Practical - linked to a real problem
- Relevant - to European educational systems or to European society in general
- Clearly and strongly stated
- Associated with obvious long-term benefits
- Able to be addressed using a step-by-step approach
- Timely - possible and perhaps urgent now, whereas not possible or relevant in the pas
- Attractive - can attract interest and funding
- Sufficiently large scale to require a Europe-wide effort
Our work in progress (Monday):
- How can we use evidence to support learning design?
- How can we support the learner experience?
- How can we suport different stakeholders to work together on co-design?
- How can we support evaluation and refinement of learning designs?
- How do we train teachers to engage effectively in co-design and to mentor others?
- How can we use learning design and analytics to empower teachers?
How can we integrate the learning design lifecycle within the working life of teachers?
Can we develop tools to support teachers throughout the lifetime of their learning design – from the macro to the micro level?
Can we develop tools to support teachers to engage in and reflect on learning design?
Our work in progress (Tuesday):
Challenge: Empower the future teacher
- Enable good decisions about technology
- Innovative from practice
- Knowledge from research
- Make teaching a more attractive profession
- Rebundled learning
- Improve teachers’ working life
- Accumulating knowledge about teaching
What we need to produce
- Grand Challenge Problem formulation (short title & a description of about 150 words, including main goals)
- Problems of the European education system that are addressed, and long-term benefits for society (100 words)
- Main activities to address this Grand Challenge Problem (up to 200 words)
- Timeframe (up to 50 words)
- Measurable progress/success indicators (up to 100 words)
- How can funding be attracted? (up to 100 words)
Ideas for a Grand Challenge (dchazan, barbara.wasson, pdessus, raija.h.hamalainen, daniel.spikol, davinia.hernandez-leo)
•Empower the future teacher
–Enabling good decision about technology
–Innovative from practice
–Knowledge from research
–Improve teachers’ work life
–Accumulating knowledge about teaching
18:18 on 29 January 2013 (Edited 18:20 on 29 January 2013)