Speed-dating & Sustainability: Prepare to Launch: Jeff Waistell
Cloud created by:
15 February 2013
Conservation Speed Dating
Fall in love with a particular species through speed-dating!
- pick an animal at random from Google
- spend 10 minutes learning as much as possible about the animal and its habitat, through OER
- design a conservation plan for that species.
- share your animal and conservation plan with another student
- do the same with 3 other students
- in plenary group, discuss similarities and differences in conservation strategies for the different animals you learned about
- in plenary group, propose general recommendations you would make for conservation managers trying to protect the greatest biodiversity.
- discuss how these recommendations touch your own lives.
http://www.nature.com/scitable/knowledge/library/building-a-lasting-foundation-in-ecological-literacy-13239771 (accessed 15.02.13