Group Tuition - Ways Forward
Cloud created by:
18 September 2015
Our next event will be held on Tuesday 6 October from 10:00–12:30 in Library Seminar Rooms 1 and 2.
The event looked at Group tuition – ways forward.
Presentation Slides are available here
Date: Tuesday 6 October
Location: Library Seminar Rooms 1 and 2
Group Tuition – ways forward
Are you considering how to deliver Group Tuition? This event provides an opportunity to hear from those involved in shaping approaches - strategically, pedagogically, and logistically.
The Learning Design strand of the Group Tuition Project is being led by Nicolette Habgood. The team have just produced a guide (available here on SharePoint) with some examples of existing cluster group tuition and some good practice principles. Michael Flack (overall Project Director) and Nicolette will provide a valuable strategic overview of this work.
To inform the guide an IET project was undertaken (led by Agnes Kukulska-Hulme). This carried out interviews with a variety of people currently involved in creating and delivering tuition events (staff tutors, regional managers, associate lecturers and module team members). The sessions below provide insights from authors of the guide and some of those already implementing approaches as mentioned in the case studies.
Your questions are welcome, especially in the final ‘Discussion’ session.
- 10:00–10:15 Where are we now and where are we heading? (Michael Flack, Project Director, LT Centre)
- 10:15–10:30 Learning design of Group Tuition (Nicolette Habgood, Group Tuition Project)
- 10:30–11:15 How we are preparing staff? (Nicolette Habgood, Bruce McGowen & Rehana Awan)
- 11:15–11:35 Coffee and networking
- 11:35–12:15 Examples of Group Tuition & good practice principles (Agnes.Kukulska-Hulme & Jane Roberts, IET; Ieman Hassan, Social Sciences; Lynda Cook, S142 Module Chair)
- 12:15–12:30 Discussion – further issues/questions/FAQs needed?
This event was recorded and is available to view via Stadium.
Details of future eLC events will be made available nearer each session and can also be found along with details of previous events, slides, notes and/or recordsing on Cloudworks.