JISC Curriculum Design Cluster C
Shared space for Strathclyde, OU and Ulster projects
Cloudscape created by:
21 April 2009
The Universities of Strathclyde and Ulster and the Open University all have projects as part of the current JISC Curriculum Design programme. They have been grouped together into Cluster C. This cloudscape has been set up as a means of sharing ideas and discussions across the projects. Clouds might include examples of tools or resources the projects are producing. Discussions around particular challenges and issues, or evolving shared understandings on particular aspects of relevance to the projects. Suggested areas for joint collaboration included:
- Work up/validating a 'curriculum design taxonomy'
- Agree a set of principles mapped to good pedagogy
- Brainstorm success criteria for what constitutes a 'good course'
- Trial Curriculum Design representations and comparing (See the Curriculum Design representation Cloud for a starting discussions around this topic.
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- Activity: 20 mins A schema mapping tools and activities to four facets of learning (2 comments)
- Activity: 20 mins Strategies for design (12 comments)
- Assuring Graduate Capabilities
- Cloudworks: a social networking site for design (1 comment)
- Cluster C CAMEL meetings
- Curriculum design representations (2 comments)
- DIAL-e framework
- Discussion Area: JISC Curriculum Design Cluster C (1 comment)
- Discussion: Killer questions (2 comments)
- Discussion: Project evaluation (2 comments)
- Discussion: Towards a collective view of Learning Design
- Institutional Approaches to Curriculum Design (1 comment)
- JISC Cluster C curriculum design baseline reports (1 comment)
- JISC Design Studio
- Learn about...Open University Learning Design Initiative (OULDI)
- Method: 8LEM Hybrid Model
- Method: A schema for mapping tools and activities to dimensions of learning
- Pedagogical schema
- Representing and Supporting Curriculum Design at Task, Module and Programme Levels: ALT-C Presentation
- Resource: Learn About Learning Design Guide (3 comments)
- Template: Design challenge
- Visualising the process and and products of learning design
- "a very good discussion and it certainly made me question some of my own tactics ...
added to Activity: 20 mins A schema mapping tools and activities to four facets of learning by hazel dryden on 12 October 2016
- "Yes agree conferences are a great way of getting new ideas, as is talking to colleagues. Often just...
added to Activity: 20 mins Strategies for design by Gráinne Conole on 29 January 2013
- "I got my design idears from participating in learning conference, talking to other learning...
added to Activity: 20 mins Strategies for design by Alice （Xin） Huang on 28 January 2013
- "I think this is a really valuable programme. We have one of the twelve projects. A core part of the...
added to Institutional Approaches to Curriculum Design by Gráinne Conole on 26 February 2010
- "The camel meeting made me think about what the definition of sharing objects actually is or means....
added to Discussion: Project evaluation by Rebecca Galley on 14 December 2009
- "Paul has been working on what we might mean by quality and has been taking a risk management...
added to Discussion: Project evaluation by Rebecca Galley on 8 December 2009
- "The Blended Learning Unit (www.herts.ac.uk/blu) regularly refers to principles to 'test' for a...
added to Discussion: Killer questions by Peter R Bullen on 24 November 2009
- "Great session - thanks to Helen Beetham for a very insightful overview of our baseline reports....
added to JISC Cluster C curriculum design baseline reports by Gráinne Conole on 11 November 2009
- "Very useful!
added to Resource: Learn About Learning Design Guide by Donna Cullen on 6 May 2009
- "This is part of a series of Learn About guides primarily produced for Open University staff but...
added to Resource: Learn About Learning Design Guide by Gráinne Conole on 28 April 2009