Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
A Cloudscape to support Cloudworks users from introductions to advanced use
Cloudscape created by:
19 October 2009
See the Clouds below for help with a specific use of Cloudworks. If you have any questions that are not covered by this Cloudscape please email the team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is Cloudworks? Cloudworks is a social networking site for finding, sharing and discussing learning and teaching ideas and designs.
- Core concepts. There are three key concepts associated with Cloudworks - the notion of 'Clouds', 'Cloudscapes' and ‘Cloudstreams’
- Clouds. A Cloud can be anything to do with learning and teaching. A Cloud could be: a short description of a learning and teaching idea, information about resources or tools for learning and teaching, detailed learning designs or case studies of practice, or a question for example “Have you any good examples of using mindmapping in teaching?” Each Cloud is 'social' in that it is possible to have a conversation around the Cloud and it is possible for you or anyone else to add relevant links, embedded content (like a video) or an academic reference.
- Cloudscapes. Clouds can be collected together into bundles or 'Cloudscapes' associated with a particular event, purpose or interest. For example you can have a Cloudscape associated with a conference, pulling together Clouds relating to papers, workshops or conference themes. A Cloudscape can be set up for a workshop or event where Clouds might include workshop resources, tools or activities. Cloudscapes can also be more general for example to stimulate debate about a particular teaching approach. A Cloud can be associated with any number of different Cloudscapes. We have identified several different types of Cloudscapes starting to emerge:
- Conference Cloudscapes
- Workshop Cloudscapes
- Flash debates
- Tricky and interesting questions
- Aggregated resources
- Learning Design Cloudscapes
- Expert elicidation (for example collaborative literature reviews)
- Cloudstreams. It is possible to view and follow all the recent activity on a Cloudscape or of a particular person. Cloudstreams can be viewed on Cloudworks or you can set up an RSS feed for the Cloudstream.
You may also want to look at a 30 minute presentation plus audio about cloudworks.
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- A framework for evaluating Cloudworks (5 comments)
- Badging in Cloudworks (5 comments)
- Cloudworks at the Learn About Fair 2011
- Cloudworks cloudquest challenge
- Copyright and Intellectual Property (1 comment)
- Creating an account and profile (2 comments)
- Facilitating community activity on Cloudworks (4 comments)
- FAQ: Frequently asked questions
- How to set up a Cloud or Cloudscape (2 comments)
- How to...sharing a CompendiumLD Learning Design on Cloudworks (1 comment)
- Presentation: Cloudworks coffee morning
- Resource: An introduction to cloudworks
- Resource: Cloudworks leaflet (3 comments)
- Resource: Cloudworks the Movie (2 comments)
- Resource: Navigating the site (3 comments)
- Setting up a conference Cloudscape (2 comments)
- Setting up a flash debate
- Sharing pictures, videos, documents and ideas on Cloudworks. (3 comments)
- Using Twitter in Cloudworks (1 comment)