Workshop: University of Exeter: Cloudworking Open Exeter
17th November 2009, University of Exeter
Cloudscape created by:
6 November 2009
This cloudscape has been set up for the University of Exeter, 'Open Exeter' Workshop being held on the 17th November 2009.
Instructions about registration, resources and activities are below. Scroll to the bottom to see clouds for this cloudscape. One of the first activities you will do will be to explore the cloudworks site (see pre-workshop activity below); we will point you to a number of useful resources explaining what the site is and how you can use it. But a quick explanation of terminology here. Cloudworks is a social networking site for learning and teaching. It contains "clouds" which can be anything to do with learning and teaching (description of a good teaching idea, information about tools or resources, etc.). Clouds can be grouped into "cloudscapes" (this "Workshop: University of Exeter: Cloudworking Open Exeter") is a cloudscape! Hope this helps and happy 'clouding'!
The workshop aims to:
- Explore issues around the use of Open Educational Resources (OERs)
- Explore the needs and interests of the Exeter community in particular around OER work, wider issues and challenges
- Explore the use of Cloudworks as a 'pedagogic wrapper' around the use and design of OERs
- Establish the ways in which Cloudworks can support the Open Exeter community
For those of you that Twitter, blog etc #openexeter is the #tag for the event
If you are attending this workshop, please make sure you click on green 'follow' button above
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- Audio Feedback (7 comments)
- Cloudworks: a virtual fieldtrip (22 comments)
- Creating an account and profile (2 comments)
- How to set up a Cloud or Cloudscape (2 comments)
- Pre-workshop activity: What is an OER? - Share an OER! (7 comments)
- Question from a participant: How can Cloudworks improve the impact of specific OERs or make them more visible? (2 comments)
- Resource: Information about Open Exeter
- Resource: Links to OER repositories (8 comments)
- Template: Agenda for 'Cloudworking Open Exeter' Workshop (2 comments)
- Welcome and introductions
- Workshop Activity 1: Finding and sharing resources or/and experiences on teaching and learning
- Workshop Activity 2: Evaluation and Action Plan (26 comments)
- Workshop: Cloud 1: Key issues and strategies for designing learning resources and activities (3 comments)
- Workshop: Cloud 2: Share your knowledge and use of OERs (1 comment)
- Workshop: Cloud 3: Discuss motivations for, and barrier to, teachers and learners sharing and remixing OER (5 comments)
- Workshop: Cloud 4: How might web 2.0 tools (e.g. Cloudworks) be used to support the design of learning activities and OERs (3 comments)
- "Liverpool John Moores also used wimba voice tools for an audio feedback project, ExEAF I...
added to Audio Feedback by Teresa MacKinnon on 5 September 2010
- "Hi there, you go to your profile page and click on 'add a tag' (on the right of the profile page)....
added to Creating an account and profile by Rebecca Galley on 2 August 2010
- "I am just wondering how you can add tags to profiles so that you can search for people based on...
added to Creating an account and profile by E,A, Draffan on 2 August 2010
- "Hi Chris, anything you create appears on your profile page - which lists the clouds and cloudscapes...
added to How to set up a Cloud or Cloudscape by Gráinne Conole on 22 June 2010
- "How to keep track of a cloudscape once I have created it?...
added to How to set up a Cloud or Cloudscape by Chris Kirkland on 22 June 2010