Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
OULDI Phase-2 end workshop: Embedding learning design and establishing a reversioning culture
29 January 2010
Milton Keynes, UK
Workshop held 29th January 2010
Cloudscape created by:
29 January 2010
The aim of this Cloudscape is to record some of the discussion coming from the workshop, and provide a space to continue the discussions and build relationships over time. It also provides us with an opportunity to recieve feedback and ideas from the wider national and international Cloudworks community.
General feedback from plenary discussion at the end of the workshop
- Value of opening up these discussions as a starting point for wider discussion across the OU.
- Value of external benchmarking of this project is useful too. What is valuable is the link between the intellectual ideas on course ideas and the issues about the business process that need to follow and currently these don’t match up with what we need.
- In terms of accessibility we need some robust sensible business processes to ensure the ideas etc find its way through to students in a properly managed way – securing greater accessibility project is leading on this work. We need to move beyond cottage industry of retro-fitting…
- There is a central problem about language. Compendium etc are great approaches – what we call things need to be thought through carefully. Balance of creative activity and institutional process.
- OU was traditionally based on an industrial model but we are now in a post-industrial model. Difference between traditional development approaches and more agile approaches.
- Need to figure out what the representations are and what they are for…
- Representations to scaffold innovation and creativity – not about reengineering academics but augmenting and supporting. Discipline modelling to help at key points. REALLY key point. What is it about the way we are teaching that is so different to this, if you think about Compendium in wrong way – can come across as telling people what we do…
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- OULDI - Cloudworks (2 comments)
- OULDI - Compendium LD (10 comments)
- OULDI - Curriculum Mapping (2 comments)
- OULDI - Related Projects
- OULDI - Staff Engagement and Support (2 comments)
- OULDI - Visualising and supporting Learning Designs and designing (2 comments)
- Report: The Learning Design Initiative Institutional Project Phase Two Report
- Template: Interactive poster session
- "Hi Chris, I am a student in ECNU of China , My name is lixiao.Great you found compendium LD useful...
added to OULDI - Compendium LD by li xiao on 11 May 2011
- "That's great - thanks Chris. Great you found it useful. Shame you need to convert back to text...
added to OULDI - Compendium LD by Rebecca Galley on 14 April 2011
- "I used Compendium LD to design the first module of a new course. I found it quite easy to use and I...
added to OULDI - Compendium LD by Chris Kirkland on 14 April 2011
- "Hi Chris - how did you get on with CompendiumLD last year? We don't have any FE examples of use yet...
added to OULDI - Compendium LD by Rebecca Galley on 8 April 2011
- "Great :-) Let us know how you get on!
added to OULDI - Compendium LD by Rebecca Galley on 11 July 2010
- "I have started off with the original Compendium, version 1.5.2 but after reading around Cloudscape...
added to OULDI - Compendium LD by Chris Kirkland on 10 July 2010
- "The more open the comments, advice and discussions are from researchers adn experts, the more...
added to OULDI - Cloudworks by Chris Kirkland on 10 July 2010
- "Hi Chris, thanks for this. Can I ask, are you using the original version Compendium or CompendiumLD...
added to OULDI - Compendium LD by Rebecca Galley on 9 July 2010
- "I have started using Compendium and produced a map during a meeting session where current issues...
added to OULDI - Compendium LD by Chris Kirkland on 8 July 2010