Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Open University annual Learning and Technology conference: Learning in an open world
20 June 2010 - 22 June 2010
Online in elluminate
The OU's annual learning and technology conference
Cloudscape created by:
2 March 2010
The OU has an internal conference every year to share practice and research around learning and technology. This year we are trying something new, and hosting the event completely online. The event will take place across 2 days (22nd and 23rd June), with the synchronous presentations being held in Elluminate (see Using Elluminate for session links and further info about setting up Elluminate and trouble-shooting) and asynchronous discussion held here in Cloudworks. Please note that each of the four sessions is held in a different Elluminate space (see the Programme for URLs). This is so we can record each one separately.
The theme of the conference is 'Learning in the Open World', and we will be exploring the theme of openness in different aspects (learning, content, access and teaching), and the OU's response to it. In keeping with this theme the conference is open to all to 'attend' (ie come into the Elluminate sessions and contribute here), although it will have an OU-focus. Please indicate if you are planning to attend by clicking the button above, so we have an idea of numbers.
Each theme will address the fundamental issue of openness in a digital world, by focusing around the same question applied to each theme:
'How does openness affect learning/content/access/teaching?'
We have a set of invited talks (see: programme), but also want to encourage everyone to contribute video and/or other non-text contributions about your projects, research, courses, etc, (think of this as somewhere between poster and live presentation in a traditional conference) embedded into a cloud here. We invite you to contribute by 7 June (extended to 16 June) so that we can include your cloud in the relevant section of the programme. Your submission should address the key question of 'how does openness affect...' and is an opportunity for you to try out a new media that you have been meaning to learn, but not had a reason to until now, including setting up a cloud here, if you haven't done so before and using Elluminate. For more details see: Your Contributions. All of the multi-media contributions that have been submitted in response to the open call for this conference have been gathered together in a separate cloudscape, see: http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloudscape/view/2128
This is an experiment, we hope it'll work and that we can get a different type of engagement and interaction.
Useful links and general information
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- Show all
- Open Learning
- Open Content
- Open Teaching
- Open Access
- Your Contributions
- Your feedback
- A quick (PechaKucha 20x20) tour of Creative Commons Licensing
- Atelier-D Project
- Cartoon Strips for Educational Purposes
- E-learning Africa 2010: Using, Sharing and Repurposing OER
- Experimenting with a pedagogy of creativity and openness: multimedia for learning in computing and ICT
- Gathering and Exploring Collective Intelligence around Open Educational Resources
- Genetic Drift and the Founder Effect: a collaborative online activity for students of evolution
- Integrating multimedia work into assessment
- Introduction to A215 Creative Writing
- It's not just the open content, it's open communities and open communication
- Learning with online and mobile technologies. A student survival guide
- LORO: Languages Open Resources Online
- Managing Heritage, Building Peace: Museums, memorialisation and the uses of memory in Kenya
- OU Research iTunes Podcast - International Adoption
- Overview of uTitle interface (timeline based comments of YouTube videos using twitter)
- Post-conference discussions and reflection for Learning in an Open World Conference
- Presentation - Conole - Digital literacies for a modern context
- Professional Identity and Values Organisation Tools - An introduction to PIVOT
- Skills for an Open World
- Virtual MPhil in Computing
- What is a Design Atelier?
- Your Contributions for OU 'Learning in an Open World' conference - How to contribute
- "Same here. We have been using The Instant Hack to figure out how to hack instagram account...
added to From Open Content to Open Thinking by Raju sad on 27 October 2017
- "Actually movies are always the best source for some refreshment after the full day hard work. It's...
added to Resource: Cloudworks the Movie by keith smith on 3 February 2017
- "Hi Tim,
Until recently we had a link to the people search along tthe top but it didn't seem to be...
added to Resource: Navigating the site by Rebecca Galley on 26 March 2013
- "The link on this page is the only way I can navigate my way to find 'people' or 'institution'...
added to Resource: Navigating the site by Tim Jones on 26 March 2013