Task Force on the Careers Profession
Terms of Reference
Cloudscape created by:
8 March 2010
Set up February, 2010
Convened by Iain Wright, MP
To investigate and make recommendations on actions that should be taken to ensure that careers professionals providing careers education and information advice and guidance to young people have:
- the knowledge and skills required to provide the support users of services need to make informed decisions about learning and work pathways; and
- the skills to plan and manage their careers.
The Taskforce, in the course of its work, should advise Government on how best to:
- attract well-qualified people from all backgrounds to the profession;
- retain and motivate effective careers professionals already in the workforce;
- ensure that professional practice is of a high standard;
- ensure that the profession is diverse and reflects the makeup of the working population;
- ensure that careers professionals receive the CPD, support and guidance they need for continuous improvement;
- strengthen integrated working of careers professionals with other members of the youth (and adult) workforce.
In addition, the Taskforce is asked to advise on:
- whether all career specialists should hold a specialist qualification, taking account of the work already underway to review the qualifications for career specialists;
- whether to develop the profession of careers advisers with specialist STEM CPD;
- the interface between careers guidance provided for young people and adults, and how this affects the workforce.
- "Fiona and Bill
I'm very conscious that many individuals do not really know much about the...
added to the future for careers-work professionalism? by Dr Deirdre Hughes on 19 May 2011
- "Been getting some traffic on this through one of the linked-in conversations. There is strong...
added to the future for careers-work professionalism? by Bill Law on 28 April 2011
- "FionaI wonder if we can best deal with our anxiety and frustration by seeking some careers advice...
added to the future for careers-work professionalism? by Bill Law on 26 April 2011
- "Thanks for your reply Bill, since commenting - I have booked to attend a lecture on the future of...
added to the future for careers-work professionalism? by Fiona Christie on 22 April 2011
- "I see what you mean Fiona. And I don’t think you’re missing anything....
added to the future for careers-work professionalism? by Bill Law on 17 April 2011
More an observation than a comment.
Very glad to see your post on this...
added to the future for careers-work professionalism? by Fiona Christie on 15 April 2011
- the future for careers-work professionalism?
cloud added to the cloudscape Task Force on the Careers Profession by Jenny Bimrose on 23 February 2011
- ESRC second seminar on careers: Professional associations & Professionalism
cloud added to the cloudscape Task Force on the Careers Profession by Jenny Bimrose on 11 January 2011
- For information about 'Terms of Reference', click on cloudscape 'Careers Profession Task Force'......."
on Towards a Strong Careers Profession by Jenny Bimrose on 29 September 2010