Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Reading Curriculum Design Workshop: New approaches to the design of blended learning
4 July 2010
Cloudscape created by:
23 June 2010
This face to face workshop is open to Reading University staff only but the online discussion is open to all, and we would value your contributions.
The workshop will focus on blended learning (a combination of conventional face-to-face teaching with technology-enhanced learning or e-learning) and use a learning design methodology. The workshop aims to identify the challenges in designing blended learning. Participants will become familiarised with a range of tools and resources to help them make informed decisions about creating new or adapting existing blended learning modules and activities.
The learning design methodology adopts an empirically based approach to understanding and representing the design process. This has included a range of evaluation studies (capturing of case studies, interviews with lecturers, in-depth course evaluation and focus groups/workshops), which have helped to develop understanding of how lecturers go about creating new modules and learning activities. Alongside this is an extensive set of tools and resources have been collated to support the design process.
The workshop will adopt a collaborative approach, and will have a set of structured activities that the participants will be involved with. If you are planning or currently designing a course or module bring along any information.
Workshop objectives. At the end of the workshop, you will have:
- An awareness of the range of resources, tools and methods which are available to support learning design – including case studies of good practice, learning object repositories and learning design tools/methods. For a quick introduction to learning design read the ‘Learn about Learning Design’ guide (available online at http://ouldi.open.ac.uk/Learn about learning design.pdf )
- Experience of thinking about the design process from different perspectives; an understanding of the issues and challenges involved in designing blended learning
- An understanding that will allow you to transfer the experience gained from the design challenge to your own context and the blended learning modules you are involved in designing.
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- Workshop photos
- Activity: 10 mins A simple Cloudquest challenge (94 comments)
- Activity: 20 mins: How to ruin a course (14 comments)
- Activity: 20 minutes: Course Map (5 comments)
- Activity: 20mins: Affordances: Tools in use (3 comments)
- Activity: 30 mins: Learning Outcomes view (1 comment)
- Activity: 30 mins: Peer evaluation (1 comment)
- Activity: Activity Planner (7 comments)
- Agenda: Workshop: New approaches to the design of blended learning (1 comment)
- IBLC 10 - Session - Martin Oliver's Keynote (21 comments)
- Presentation: Introduction to a learning design approach (1 comment)
- Presentation: Introduction to three learning design representations (1 comment)
- Resource: An introduction to cloudworks
- Resource: Doing more with CompendiumLD
- Resource: Getting Started With CompendiumLD
- Resource: Seven top tips for designs (12 comments)
- Sharing pictures, videos, documents and ideas on Cloudworks. (3 comments)
- Using CompendiumLD for course design at Reading University
- "I really like this cloud - I'm thinking of ways I can incorporate it and other clouds in my...
added to Activity: 10 mins A simple Cloudquest challenge by K D on 19 May 2018
- A Cabinet of Curiosity
new embedded content added to the cloud Activity: 10 mins A simple Cloudquest challenge by K D on 19 May 2018
- "I enjoyed this cloud
As it is full of the 2018 H800...
added to Activity: 10 mins A simple Cloudquest challenge by Selina Griffin on 4 April 2018
Talk: Conole - digital literacies: I particularly liked......"
on Activity: 10 mins A simple Cloudquest challenge by Beringen, M.L. on 31 March 2018
I enjoyed Sarah Adrienne Hughes presenetation......"
on Activity: 10 mins A simple Cloudquest challenge by Amanda Wilford on 27 March 2018
- "Supportive Automated Feedback for Short Essay Answers (SAFeSEA)
This cloud was the most interesting...
added to Activity: 10 mins A simple Cloudquest challenge by Brendan Kilshaw on 3 April 2017
This cloud is particularly intesesting as it links well to......"
on Activity: 10 mins A simple Cloudquest challenge by Amy O'Donnell on 2 April 2017