Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
12 April 2011 - 14 April 2011
CAL (Computer Assisted Learning) Conference 2011
Cloudscape created by:
30 June 2010
(from the conference website)
CAL (Computer Assisted Learning) is one of the leading international conferences in the field of education and technology. It brings together researchers across all education sectors, from primary years, to informal learning, to higher education, and across a range of disciplines from psychology to computer science, media and cultural studies.
In 2011, the conference will lead a challenging international debate about the future of research and practice in educational technology. CAL 11 aims to:
- Explore the role of educational technology research in addressing questions of global and social justice, widening participation and digital democracy
- Assess what role educational technology might play in the context of low carbon, energy constrained futures
- Explore how emerging technologies from diverse fields (e.g. gaming, AI, biotech, ubiquitous computing) might offer new environments for learning
- Examine the informal learning practices emerging in children, youth and adults’ digital cultures and their implications for education
- Reflect on what lessons have been learned over the last thirty years of education technology research, and what these might mean for the future of research in the field.