Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
Using computers to teach and learn foreign languages
Cloudscape created by:
25 July 2010
Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) is an approach to language teaching and learning in which computer technology is used as an aid to the presentation, reinforcement and assessment of material to be learned, usually including a substantial interactive element. CALL embraces a wide range of uses of computer technology, from simple drill-and-practice programs to social networking and the use of virtual worlds such as Second Life.
See the EUROCALL website at
See the ICT for Language Teachers website at
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- Becoming a Webhead 2010 session (18 comments)
- Electronic Village Online Sessions 2010 (7 comments)
- EUROCALL (15 comments)
- ICT for Language Teachers (ICT4LT)
- Lingt: web tools for language teachers (2 comments)
- Livemocha online language learning community space (1 comment)
- Using mobile devices for listening and speaking practice in languages (case study)
- Using Second Life in Teaching and Learning Foreign Languages (1 comment)
- Webheads in Action
- "I am adding a link to resources I put together for a training event last summer. Hope someone finds...
added to Lingt: web tools for language teachers by Teresa MacKinnon on 1 October 2010
- "Hi, Alex! The Bordeaux conference was great, wasn't it? Four of the other EUROCALL SIGs are using...
added to EUROCALL by Graham Davies on 29 September 2010
- "Dear all
Sorry to but in on a different topic... The CorpusCALL SIG from Eurocall is exploring...
added to EUROCALL by alex boulton on 29 September 2010
- "Nice to see you here Carmen! Do follow up the links that I posted above and keep an eye on the...
added to EUROCALL by Graham Davies on 24 September 2010
- "Great! So glad you are enjoying it and finding it useful - lots in here and a good worldwide...
added to EUROCALL by Gráinne Conole on 24 September 2010
- "Hi Graham and Grainne,
Great to be part of Cloudworks! I just registered and I am trying to find my...
added to EUROCALL by Carmen Castro-Mortara on 23 September 2010
- "The EUROCALL 2010 blog is still going strong athttp://virtualeurocall2010.blogspot.com/
I have kept...
added to EUROCALL by Graham Davies on 21 September 2010
- "There is a growing list of Web 2.0 tools that are regularly used by language teachers in all...
added to Lingt: web tools for language teachers by Graham Davies on 25 July 2010
- "There are several social network sites of this sort - i.e. where you can learn from native...
added to Livemocha online language learning community space by Graham Davies on 25 July 2010
- "Thanks, Gráinne! That fits in with many of my interests and activities....
added to EUROCALL by Graham Davies on 25 July 2010