ASLD 2011 - London Knowledge Lab, 13-14 October
12 October 2011 - 13 October 2011
London Knowledge Lab, London, UK
The Art and Science of Learning Design workshop
Cloudscape created by:
2 October 2011
The Learning Design Grid STELLAR Theme team is organising ASLD 2011, an investigative workshop in Learning Design to be hosted at the London Knowledge Lab. An innovative, exploratory workshop, it will cover not only empirical and theoretical issues but also software and tools.
Day one: the science
13:00 Arrival (Tea and Coffee served)
13:20 Welcome (Prof Richard Noss) and Plenary. Conference co-chairs will give an overview and explain how the workshop works.
14:00 Group Work along three subject strands. Delegates will join the group related to the strand in which their paper was submitted:
15:30 Tea & Coffee Break
16:00 Plenary: Each stand presents their work and takes quick questions.
16:30 Group Work: Delegates regroup into different subject strands to map issues, raise questions and identify directions for further work. Groups produce a presentation on their work.
(we will split into three groups - green, yellow and orange)
17:30 Closing Plenary
18:00 End of day
Day two: the art
The second day will focus on experimenting with different learning design tools, and exploring how the insights from the first day are projected onto these.
09:00 Arrival (Tea and Coffee served)
09:30 Learning Design Tools Bazaar
demos of the software tools will be available for each group to work with. (Each delegate submitting software will assist others in using it.) Using a template (provided), each participant will produce a brief review of the tool, the process, and how it reflects on the issues from Day 1.
12:30 Lunch (provided)
13:30 Discussion of future plans, publications, and goodbyes
14:00 End of Workshop
All accepted contributions presented at the workshop will be published in an edited volume (subject to review). Authors of Selected papers will be invited to submit significantly revised and extended versions of their manuscripts to be considered for publication in a Special Journal issue (confirmation pending).
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- Show all
- Practices, methods and methodologies
- Learning Designs and Design Patterns
- LD software
- the Learning Design Challenge
- David Griffiths, Timothy Goddard and Mi Wang: Why has IMS LD not led to the advances which were hoped for? (1 comment)
- Dejan Ljubojevic and Diana Laurillard: Pedagogical Pattern Collector software tool (1 comment)
- Diana Laurillard and Liz Masterman: Re-envisioning Pedagogic Planning: the Learning Designer (1 comment)
- Luis Pablo Prieto, Yannis Dimitriadis and Sara Villagrá-Sobrin: Representing learning design and classroom orchestration through atomic patterns (3 comments)
- Yannis Dimitriadis, Luis Pablo Prieto and Sara Villagrá-Sobrin: Designing for enactment: Multi-level patterns and routines in teacher practice (2 comments)
- Ana Maia, Teresa Pessoa, Leonel Morgado and Paulo Martins: Specification of pedagogical processes and dynamics in e-learning through modeling languages (2 comments)
- Andrew Brasher, Simon Cross and Rebecca Galley: CompendiumLD (2 comments)
- CogenT – Co–generative Toolkit
- Cook: Two Cases of Design Research that Explore How Mobile Devices and Social Media Mediate ‘Informal Learning’ to Drive the Debate: Can Learning Design Hack it? (4 comments)
- Dan Kohen-Vacs, Miky Ronen and Ronen Hammer: Designing, Enacting & Sharing Collaborative Online Activities with CeLS (8 comments)
- Daniel Burgos: IMS Learning Design next move: extensions and improvements on personalisa-tion and interoperability (4 comments)
- Donatella Persico and Francesca Pozzi: SUSTAINING LEARNING DESIGN AND PEDAGOGICAL PLANNING IN CSCL (3 comments)
- General Photos
- Helen Walmsley: The e-Design Template: a pedagogic guide for elearning designers (1 comment)
- Hernández-Leo et al: Let’s shake on it: can we support co-edition and sharing using diverse existing learning design editors within the same platform? (1 comment)
- LD software (7 comments)
- Learning Designs (2 comments)
- Liz Masterman: From proof of concept to evidence of impact: towards a principled approach to evaluating learning design tools (2 comments)
- Mary Katsamani and Symeon Retalis: CADMOS Learning Design tool
- Michael Derntl: OpenGLM: The Open Graphical Learning Modeller
- resources, links and sundry (5 comments)
- Session 1: Practices & Methods (Yannis Dimitriadis) (2 comments)
- Session 1: Theoretical Frameworks and Representations (Gráinne Conole) (5 comments)
- Session 1: Tools and Resources (Mike Sharples) (2 comments)
- Session 2: Integration, green group (Davinia Hernández-Leo)
- Session 2: Integration, orange group (Simos Retalis)
- Session 2: Integration, yellow group (Yael Kali)
- Session 3: Learning Design Tools Bazaar (2 comments)
- Session 4: Plenary discussion: outputs, reflections, and ways forward (4 comments)
- SOLE (Student-Owned Learning-Engagement) Model (6 comments)
- Susan Mckenney: Designing and researching technology enhanced learning for the zone of proximal implementation (1 comment)
- the Design Principles Database (DPD)
- The Design Studio
- the Learning Design Challenge (5 comments)
- the Participatory Pattern Workshops Methodology
- Thomas Ryberg, Lillian Buus, Marianne Georgsen, Tom Nyvang and Jacob Davidsen: Introducing the Collaborative E-learning Design method (CoED) (1 comment)
- Three pattern-based learning designs - Pyramids
- Time To Know - Learning Design for Mass Production of Content
- Tool: Design principles database (3 comments)
- Tool: ReCourse
- Tool: ReLoad
- Tool: the Learning Design Tool (2 comments)
- Using the e-Design Template for the nQuire learning design
- Valerie Emin and Jean-Philippe Pernin: ScenEdit: an intention-oriented learning design authoring tool (3 comments)
- WebInstanceCollage, a pattern-based LD tool allowing particularization of groups and participants
- Yael Kali and Tamar Ronen-Fuhrman: Making Expert Design Knowledge Useful for Novices (2 comments)
- "Hi Alice, it may be that this tool has been de-comissioned. It was inspected quite some time...
added to Tool: the Learning Design Tool by Yishay Mor on 29 January 2013
- "Hi Yishay,
Chris and I both have tried this tool, but when we try to get registered, we were...
added to Tool: the Learning Design Tool by Alice （Xin） Huang on 29 January 2013
- "Hi Valerie,
I've added Collins et al at the top of the referneces, I hope that will have the data...
added to the Learning Design Challenge by Yishay Mor on 22 November 2011
- "I'm trying to use ScenEdit tool to formalize the nQuire learning design on microclimates. Using the...
added to the Learning Design Challenge by Valerie Emin on 22 November 2011
- "ignore this...
added to the Learning Design Challenge by Yishay Mor on 31 October 2011
This "game" bears some similarity to the "Competitive Challenge on Adapting Activities...
added to the Learning Design Challenge by Yishay Mor on 31 October 2011
- "Lots of relevant stuff on the Learning Design Toolbox...
added to resources, links and sundry by Yishay Mor on 24 October 2011
- "I've used the e-Design Template to show the nQuire learning design. The template can be seen in the...
added to the Learning Design Challenge by Helen Walmsley-Smith on 18 October 2011
- "thanks Helen -
I posted the "post ASLD learning design...
added to Session 4: Plenary discussion: outputs, reflections, and ways forward by Yishay Mor on 18 October 2011
- "I've moved this comment to the cloud I created for the challenge.
added to Session 4: Plenary discussion: outputs, reflections, and ways forward by Helen Walmsley-Smith on 18 October 2011