Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Carpe Diem OULDI Learning Design Workshop - Online with SAIDE 19-30 March 2012
19 March 2012 - 30 March 2012
Online using Collaborate
Workshop led by Beyond Distance at the University of Leicester for the South African Institute for Distance Education
Cloudscape created by:
17 February 2012
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FACE-TO-FACE COMPONENT OF THIS WORKSHOP ON 19 MARCH IN LEICESTER HAD TO BE POSTPONED. WE WILL UPDATE THE CLOUD WHEN WE HAVE A NEW DATE FOR IT.
The Carpe Diem: Learning Design workshop is a highly interactive, online workshop that enables academics and course teams to design effectively for learning. This hands-on seminar is based on a well rehearsed, well researched team approach to learning design using learning technologies. Facilitated by Prof. Grainne Conole, Director of the Beyond Distance Research Alliance at the University of Leicester, and Gabi Witthaus, Teaching Fellow at Beyond Distance. Many thanks to Rebecca Galley at the OU for helping to develop the programme.
The workshop is for:
- Lecturers and tutors who want inspiration for more imaginative and creative uses of Blackboard and the Web to enhance the learning process for learners
- Academics or course teams wanting to make the learning experience more interactive and engaging for learners – whether at the level of a whole course or at the level of elements within a course
- Anyone with responsibility for designing new courses or redesigning existing courses
- Support staff such as learning technologists, librarians or staff developers who are actively involved in conversations with academic staff about learning design
Participants should have a specific course in mind that they want to design, redesign or review in terms of the effective use of technologies for learner interaction and engagement.
Synchronous activities and e-tivities
- Synchronous activity: How to ruin a course
- E-tivity 1: Course features - we used www.Linoit.com for this. It's a great free sticky-notes tool. Here's an example from the workshop.
- Synchronous activity: Course Map - Excel version, Course Map on Cloudworks (And useful supporting material from University of Oxford on "What Technology can I use for...?")
- "University of Derby SPEED workshop, 17 Sept 2012:
HOW TO RUIN A COURSE
Absence of clarity about...
added to Activity: 20 mins: How to ruin a course by Gabi Witthaus on 17 September 2012
- Resource: Cloudworks the Movie
cloud added to the cloudscape Carpe Diem OULDI Learning Design Workshop - Online with SAIDE 19-30 March 2012 by Gabi Witthaus on 23 March 2012