OLDS-MOOC Design Workshop July 2012
24 July 2012
Open University, Meeting Room 1, Jennie Lee Building, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA
Workshop by invitation only but this Cloudscape will collate activities and ideas from the OLDS-MOOC design workshop
Cloudscape created by:
29 June 2012
Face to face workshop by invitation only but this Cloudscape will collate activities and ideas from the OLDS-MOOC design workshop. Please do get involved in the Cloud discussion and activities and share your ideas about our designs as they emerge
- Define the context, aims and pedagogical approach for the OLDS-MOOC
- Project these into the evaluation strategy, and derive design principles and patterns from these
- Outline the design of the MOOC and produce a storyboard with week-by-week themes/ topics/ activities
- Agree on a division of labour and timeline for production
Ecology of Resources (Katarina) 30 mins
ForceMaps (Yishay) 30 mins
Lattice Model (Simon) 30 mins
OULDI Course Map (Rebecca) 30 mins
Collaborative sketching (Brock) 45 mins
Find us on...
YouTube OLDSMOOC (update: all videos taken at the workshop have now been uploaded)
Please note that we will be recording as much of the workshop as possible so that we can share our design work openly with others. Additionally, some of the presentations may be reused as resources in the MOOC itself. By participating in the workshop, we assume that you are happy for us to video you and make these videos openly available.
If you don’t want to be recorded for any reason, please speak to Rebecca Galley.
Alejandro Armelini (University of Leicester), Katerina Avramides (London Knowledge Lab), Peter Bryant (University of Greenwich), Ning Chen, (London Knowledge Lab), Anna Comas-Quinn (The Open University) Grainne Conole (University of Leicester) Brock Craft (London Knowledge Lab) Rebecca Galley (The Open University), Craig Jeffcott (University of London), Anne Jelfs (The Open University), David Kernohan (JISC), Diana Laurillard (London Knowledge Lab), Yishay Mor (The Open University), Anna Page (The Open University), Beck Pitt (The Open University), Steve Warburton (International Programme, University of London), Dave White (University of Oxford)
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- 01 Opening plenary (OLDS-MOOC Design Workshop)
- 02 Closing plenary (OLDS-MOOC Design Workshop)
- Design patterns and principles for MOOCs? (6 comments)
- Examples of MOOCs to review, critique, and learn from (20 comments)
- What is a MOOC?
- Workshop activity 1: Mapping the context (18 comments)
- Workshop activity 2 : Sketching the design
- Workshop activity 3 : Storyboard
- Workshop activity 4 : Design Review (1 comment)