Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Twitter hashtag: #oldsmooc_w6
This week introduces the principle of the open licensing of online content and the relevance of Open Educational Resources (OER) to curriculum and learning design. We will investigate methods of finding and identifying OER, how they differ from the mass of online content as well as the many ways they can be incorporated into learning designs. There will be opportunities to share and critique OER you find as well as the option to create and upload your own OER and to 'remix' OER created by others. This week will be led by David White and Marion Manton from the Department for Continuing Education and Joanna Wild from Academic IT Services Group (Learning and Teaching) at the University of Oxford.
- Understand what open licensing and OER are.
- Identify open licensed materials and the some places to find them.
- Analyse the role that OER can play in your designs, and the implications of using OER as an on going practice.
- Communicate the pros and cons of incorporating and/ or producing OER.
- Produce or remix OER in the context of your own design project.
Clouds in this Cloudscape
No clouds yet