IET Technology Coffee mornings – 2014 Schedule
At 10:00 am in Meeting room 1, Jennie Lee Building (or occasionally in the Ambient Technology Lab, Jennie Lee Building)
Exploring, demonstrating and discussing different aspects of using technology in education
Cloudscape created by:
7 January 2014
The IET Technology Coffee mornings are currently under review
The Institute of Educational Technology at the Open University (UK) hosts a series of technology coffee mornings (IET TCMs) in which different aspects of the use of technology in education is explored, demonstrated and discussed. The coffee mornings are informal, drop in events for sharing good practice and research.
If you are based on campus please join us for these informal, face-to-face sessions, have a cup of coffee/tea (with biscuits!) and contribute to the discussion.
These events are also broadcast live online for everyone to watch and are recorded for replay.
If you are an OU staff member and would like to offer a Technology Coffee morning, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
General information about IET Technology Coffee mornings
- The presentations are held in the Jennie Lee Building Meeting Room 1 (Ground Floor) or occasionally in the Jennie Lee Building Ambient Technology Lab (Ground floor). Please check the schedule for locations of individual events.
- The coffee mornings run from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. with up to an hour for the presentation, and up to 30 minutes for questions, depending on the presenter.
- Each event is recorded live and a podcast is created for each event for those unable to attend or those who would like to view the session again. Please click on the relevant title for the live links. Only the events in Meeting room 1 are live broadcast.
- We welcome your feedback and there is an online discussion area for each IET TCM on Cloudworks where you can explain your views, so please feel free to post your comments.
- The IET TCMs take place each year from April to December (excluding August).
- The programme responds to latest developments so is subject to change throughout the year. We publish documents and pictures about the events as they progress so please check the schedule for updates.
How do I join the mailing list?
Reflecting the informal nature of these events, just subscribe to the TCM mailing list to receive updates:
- For members of staff at the OU, go to the OU mailing lists, look for 'iet-techcoffee-list' and click on 'Subscribe'. If you are a tutor you should use your OU email address without the final 'open.ac.uk' - for example 'xyz123@tutor'.
- For anyone else, please contact email@example.com to subscribe to the mailing list
IET TCM podcast recordings
To access past TCM podcasts please click on IET Technology Coffee mornings (OU Podcasts)
Previous IET Technology Coffee mornings
Clouds in this Cloudscape
No clouds yet